Last Saturday, we had a Christmas party with the Turner clan and it was so much fun!! It was so nice getting to see and visit with everyone. On Christmas Eve, we had a little party with my side of the family. We had a yummy dinner, made cookies for Santa, made reindeer food, and opened gifts. It was so much fun! Christmas Day was spent at home with our own little family. It was so nice. We opened gifts and spent the whole day (and the following day) playing game after game and enjoying every second with eachother. Josh and I spent a large part of the weekend watching the kids and feeling so blessed for these precious souls we have been entrusted with. I normally feel pretty sad after Christmas is over with and those special feelings of Christmas are gone...but this year, I am so happy and excited to see what this new year will bring for our family. I believe that the trials we all face truly do make us stronger and we can learn so much from them. We have been through quite a few trials throughout the past 8 years, but the biggest, most difficult trial I have faced in my life was when Josh went through his life threatening ordeal. I will never forget when we were told what had happened to Josh and the surgeon was explaining everything to us. He just laid it all out to us and told us that Josh would have to have emergency surgery and that the surgery he had to have would be more complicated and more painful than open heart surgery. He explained that Josh would be in the hospital for at least a couple of weeks, and he would be on a feeding tube for at least a month...but that wasn't even the worst part. I started crying and said "please just tell me he is going to be okay" and the surgeon said "I'm going to be honest with you. I don't have an answer to that. I don't know at this point if he is going to be okay but I can tell you that we are going to do everything we can for him." When he said those words, I felt like my whole world was crashing down on me. I didn't know if my best friend, and the love of my life was going to make it. I didn't know if he would be able to see his kids grow up. When they took him back to surgery they kept telling me that they would do everything they could but that I needed to realize that what happened to Josh is extremely life threatening and they didn't know at that point what the outcome would be. After they wheeled him back I drove home because I needed to check on the kids and I needed my mom. I cried all the way home and started playing it out in my mind how I would tell my kids if something happened to Josh. I couldn't stop crying. It was the worst feeling I have ever felt in my life. How can I not feel so blessed and happy that I still have my husband with me and my kids have their daddy. We are excited to see what this new year brings for us and we hope a wonderful new year is in store for all of you as well!! And of course, here are some pictures of our Christmas. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment