Sunday, May 9, 2010

Why I love Being A Mother...

This Mother's Day has already been so wonderful. Josh and Makailee made me breakfast together and each of the kids made me a big card. Josh gave me a framed collage of pictures of the kids, a book I've been wanting by Marjorie Pay Hinckley, and he will be making my favorite cheesecake later. :) I'm feeling so thankful today for the amazing kids and husband that I have. I truly am so blessed. I'm sitting here thinking of all of the reasons why I love being a mother. There are so so many reasons, but I wanted to share just a few...

Last night, we were watching a movie together as a family, and Makailee started crying and saying how much she loves Jesus and that she can't wait to see him again. She does this frequently. She even hears his name and she can't help but cry. She tells us, "I hear his name and I get this feeling in my whole body that I can't stop. I love him so much, I can't stop crying. I think about how he died for us so we can live with Heavenly Father again and I can't believe he would do that for us! I don't know why anyone would ever want to hurt Jesus. He loves all of us, every person on this whole earth. Even when they are bad, he still loves them." It amazes me how spiritual she is at such a young age. She has always been this way and it brings me to tears just thinking about it. She is amazing. This is why I love being a mother.


Jaxton is THE most loving kid I have ever seen in my life. He cannot get enough hugs, enough kisses, enough love. I can't even count how many kisses and hugs I get from him each day. He comes up to me and says to me "I lub you soooooooo much". It melts my heart. He has a smile that literally lights up the room. He is the funniest boy you've ever seen. He makes us laugh all day long. There is such a powerful connection between my son and I...it is indescribable. I can't help but look at him and wonder why we have been so blessed to have such a special soul in our family. This is why I love being a mother.

Rylee is 15 months old today. She is already such a little mommy and always wants to try to take care of everyone. She loves to give kisses...she gives the best kisses. I love the way she looks up to her sister and brother. I love seeing her with her daddy. It is a beautiful thing to watch. I love that when I look into her eyes, I swear I see Heaven. She is so angelic and beautiful and so innocent. Even on the worst days, she has a way of brightening up my day with her smile and laughter. This is why I love being a mother.

Every mother wants to feel appreciated. We want to know that all of our hard work is being noticed. I am so thankful that I feel that appreciation and love from my husband every single day. Every day he says things like "thanks for cleaning honey, it looks great!" or "you are such a good mommy". I feel noticed, I feel loved. It makes me realize, especially on hard days, that I am doing something right. I love that he teaches our kids to be respectful of me. When I see him crying while watching the kids play, or just staring at them and saying how he can't believe how beautiful they are...I feel so incredibly thankful to know that my kids have such an amazing daddy. A daddy who will always ADORE them in every way, no matter what. This is why I love being a mother.

Happy Mother's Day!!

2 comments:

2Hearts1Dream said...

So sweet :)

Katie said...

Wow, you are one lucky lady. This post was beautiful.