We had a BLAST in St. George. It was so nice to get away for a few days. After everything we've been through this year, we badly needed the break. The kids were amazingly good. We hope to be able to go on little vacations every once in a while because it really was so good for our family.
The Narrows...
Jaxton loved this little cave. He kept saying it was his house.
We took the kids to the St. George Temple to show them where we were married. While we were there, we went into the temple visitors center. We went inside and sat on the bench in front of the statue of Christ. Josh and I were busy with Jaxton and Rylee not paying attention to what Makailee was doing. One of the sister missionaries came up to Makailee and asked her if she liked looking at the statue of Jesus. Josh and I looked over and Makailee was quickly wiping away tears...She said to the sister missionary, "I'm trying to stop crying but I just can't. I love Jesus so much." Josh and I started tearing up at that point. While we were leaving, I asked Makailee what made her cry when she was looking at Jesus. She said "I love Jesus so much. I love his spirit mom. I know that he will always hold my hand." I couldn't believe this was coming from a 6 year old!! It was an amazing experience for all of us. Our baby girl is now building her own testimony....and in the process, she is strengthening ours. I never would have thought she would actually start building her own testimony at such an early age. She made a huge impression on the sister missionaries who saw it. They were all starting to tear up as well. We will never forget that experience...
Fiesta Fun Center. We had SO much fun there!
You just HAVE to jump on the hotel beds! :)
Rylee thinks she's a big girl and is wanting to stand up to things!
Rylee and Jax, taking a nap together. :)
1 comments:
How much fun is that! I love the story about MaKailee and the visitors center. Goes to show our children are even stronger and more spiritual than us - that they were preserved to come here when Satan's influence is the strongest. Wow. . . You should send that to the Ensign. Glad to see that everyone is healthy!!! Love you guys :)
Post a Comment